Duration: 6 to 9 months* for program specific competencies. An additional 12-24 months for General Education competencies.
Mode of delivery: Online
*Duration varies according to each candidate’s experience and availability.
Dates: Saturdays 9am to 4pm
Admissions: Ongoing admissions
RAC for Office Management (OM) is for people who have a significant amount of work or life experience in the office administration field, and wish to have their skills officially recognized by a Quebec college. Often, they work, or have been working in positions such as:
Champlain’s RAC services can help individuals obtain a DEC (Diplôme d’études collégiales) by assessing their current competencies, and providing them with training for the ones they are lacking.
An AEC (Attestation d’études collégiales) option also exists at Champlain, RAC for Office Administration.
RAC services in Office Management are offered for the 26 core competencies of the DEC. The competencies have been grouped into clusters:
Cluster A - Production and Word Processing of Documents
- 00UW To perform word processing operations
- 00VA To produce documents
- 00UZ To produce English texts and perform English linguistic revision
Cluster B.1 - Material Resources Management
- 00V4 – To provide technical support
- 00VJ – To ensure the management of material resources within the office unit
Cluster B.2 - Financial Resources Management
- 00V8 – To ensure the process of financial information and the management of the office unit budgets
- 00UX – To process and present data
Cluster C - Office administration management
- 00VC – To solve problems
- 00VB – To automate operations
- 00VF – To design and adapt office working procedures
- 00VE – To design and adapt a records management system
Cluster D - Communication orale et écrite en français et traduction
- 00V0 – Rédiger des textes en français et les réviser
- 00V1 – To communicate using spoken French
- 00V2 – To translate texts
Cluster E - Human Resources Management
- 00VG – To participate in the staff recruitment process for the office unit
- 00VL – To ensure the training of the office unit staff
- 00VK – To assess the performance of the staff in the office unit
Cluster F - Organization of professional activities
- 00UY – To communicate using spoken English
- 00VM – To organize professional activities
- 00V3 – To use tools and services relating to office work
- 00V5 – To interact in various work situations
- 00VH – To organize and supervise work within the office unit
- 00V7 – To analyze the profession
- 00V6 – To successfully enter the labour market and build a career
- 00VD – To establish links between the organization and the work of the office coordinator
- 00V9 – To create and operate a database
Learn more about the RAC process.
Maximum $575* for program specific competencies.
*There are no additional fees to use online resources, receive support from content specialists, or to attend seminars and work sessions. Maximum cost is only applicable to Quebec residents. Additional costs for General Education competencies.
To take advantage of the RAC process, candidates must pay certain fees. The fees are based on the number of evaluations that a candidate has to complete, and may vary from one person to another.
- $30 admission fee (non-refundable)
- $45 for a necessary file analysis (non-refundable)
- $40 per competency (up to a maximum of $500)
Maximum total: $575
Please note that the fees above include all activities related to the RAC services. No additional fees have to be paid to:
- Attend a seminar on a specific topic
- Attend integration to the Quebec workforce seminars
- Consult the online resources
- Participate in job preparation activities
- Participate in expert-led group activities
- Book an appointment with an Advisor to prepare your Individual Evaluation Plan
- Book an appointment with a content specialist to receive individual tutoring
An additional $45 file analysis fee will apply if a candidate desires to change program.
Click here to access the online resources for this program.