Computer Science Technology DEC (420.B0) – RAC
Home / Cont Ed Programs / Computer Science Technology DEC (420.B0) – RAC
Duration: Varies according to each candidate’s experience and availability.
Info session: Set up an online appointment with the Pedagogical Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates: Primarily Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings and afternoons
Admission: Ongoing admission
RAC for Computer Science Technology – Network and Security Administration (NSA) is for people who have a significant amount of work or life experience in the field of IT network management, and wish to have their skills officially recognized by a Quebec college. Upon completion of the RAC process, they will receive a Computer Science Technology DEC (420.B0). NSA candidates generally have specific, specialized skills in the areas of network installation, migration, inventory management, component configuration, performance verification, network supervision and security management. Often, they work, or have been working in positions such as:
Other candidates have acquired strong technical and administrative skills through their life and wish to see them formally recognized. Champlain’s RAC services can help those individuals obtain an official diploma (DEC – Diplôme d’études collégiales) by assessing their current competencies, and providing them with training for the ones they are lacking.
RAC services in Computer Science Technology – NSA are offered for the 19 program specific competencies (divided into compulsory common core and specific competencies). Thirteen of the competencies are compulsory competencies and six are specific to our educational institution.
Compulsory Common Core Competencies
- 0000 Analyze information about working in the field of computer science technology
- 00Q1 Install and manage computers
- 00Q2 Use programming languages
- 00Q3 Solve computer-related problems using mathematics
- 00Q4 Use office productivity software
- 00Q5 Deploy a local computer network
- 00Q6 Use an object-oriented development approach
- 00Q7 Use a database management system
- 00Q8 Carry out prevention operations with regard to information security
- 00SE Interact in a professional setting
- 00SF Evaluate software and hardware components
- 00SG Provide users with technical support
- 00SH Adapt to information technologies
College Specific Competencies
- 00SJ Deploy intranet servers
- 00SK Deploy Internet servers
- 00SM Deploy computer inter-networking devices
- 00SN Automate computer network management tasks
- 00SP Monitor computer networks
- 00SQ Collaborate on the design of a computer network
General Education Competencies
- 4 English
- 2 French
- 3 Physical Education
- 3 Humanities
- 2 Complementary
If you completed another DEC before, your General Education competencies will be used as substitutions. These competencies are offered online through our collaboration with John Abbott or Maisonneuve College, except for the complementary competencies which are offered online at Champlain College.
Learn more about the RAC process.
*There are no additional fees to use online resources, receive support from content specialists, or to attend seminars and work sessions. Maximum cost is only applicable to Quebec residents.
To take advantage of the RAC process, candidates must pay certain fees. The fees are based on the number of evaluations that a candidate has to complete, and may vary from one person to another.
- $30 admission fee (non-refundable)
- $45 for a necessary file analysis (non-refundable)
- $40 per competency (up to a maximum of $500)
Maximum total: $575
Please note that the fees above include all activities related to the RAC services. No additional fees have to be paid to:
- Attend a seminar on a specific topic
- Consult the online resources
- Participate in job preparation activities
- Participate in expert-led group activities
An additional $45 file analysis fee will apply if a candidate desires to change program.
Click here to access the online resources for this program.
Continuing Education – F-151
Champlain College Saint-Lambert
900 Riverside Drive