Human Resources Support Specialist – RAC
Duration: 6 to 9 months*
Mode of delivery: Online
*Duration varies according to each candidate’s experience and availability.
Dates: Saturdays 9am to 4pm
Admissions: Ongoing admissions
RAC for Human Resources Support Specialist (HRSS) is for people who have a significant amount of work, life and volunteering experiences in the human resources field, and wish to have their skills officially recognized by a Quebec college.
Champlain’s RAC services can help those individuals obtain an AEC (Attestation d’études collégiales) by assessing their current competencies, and providing them with training for the ones they are lacking.
The Human Resources Support Specialist AEC (LCA.DT) is made of 13 competencies. To receive your AEC, you will have to be evaluated for all competencies.
- BT01 – To analyze the profession.
- BT02 – To use common software applications for human resources.
- BT03 – To communicate with diverse individuals in the workplace.
- BT04 – To assist in applying laws and regulations for human resource management.
- BT05 – To assist the manager in the staffing process.
- BT06 – To apply the company’s remuneration policy.
- BT07 – To perform payroll transactions.
- BS4Y – To correct French business texts.
- BT08 – To ensure support of employee training.
- BT09 – To interact in a support role for human resources management.
- BT10 – To assist in the management of labour relations.
- BT11 – To assist in developing and applying health and safety policies.
- BT12 – To integrate into the labour market.
Learn more about the RAC process.
*There are no additional fees to use online resources, receive support from content specialists, or to attend seminars and work sessions. Maximum cost is only applicable to Quebec residents.
To take advantage of the RAC process, candidates must pay certain fees. The fees are based on the number of evaluations that a candidate has to complete, and may vary from one person to another.
- $30 admission fee (non-refundable)
- $45 for a necessary file analysis (non-refundable)
- $40 per competency (up to a maximum of $500)
Maximum total: $575
Please note that the fees above include all activities related to the RAC services. No additional fees have to be paid to:
- Attend a seminar on a specific topic
- Consult the online resources
- Participate in job preparation activities
- Participate in expert-led group activities
An additional $45 file analysis fee will apply if a candidate desires to change program.
Click here to access the online resources for this program.