Early Childhood Education – RAC
Home / Cont Ed Programs / Early Childhood Education – RAC
5 to 12 months*
*Varies according to each candidate’s experience and availability.
Information session: Ongoing and one-on-one, based on appointment (online via Zoom)
Start date: Saturday, February 25th, 2023
Mode of delivery: 100% online
Monday to Friday (9am-4pm) OR 1-2 Saturdays per month (9am-2pm) via Zoom
Applicants seeking RAC services for Early Childhood Education (ECE) generally have significant working experience in the field of early childhood education. Through their work experience these individuals have acquired solid competencies and are now seeking formal recognition in order to become certified educators, advance in their career, gain a promotion, find employment, or simply to be formally recognized.
Mode of delivery: 100% online
Often applicants work or have been working in positions such as:
Champlain’s RAC services can help applicants obtain an AEC (Attestation d’études collégiales) by assessing their current competencies, and providing them with training for the ones they are lacking.
ECE also features both part-time and full-time schedules. For more information, please refer to the information booklet.
The Early Childhood Education AEC (JEE.0K) is made of 17 competencies. To receive your AEC, you will have to be evaluated for all competencies. The competencies have been grouped in five categories:
General - 3 competencies
- 0190 – To examine the profession of an educator
- 019B – To use creativity in a work context
- FK19 – To define the pedagogical model and approach to be applied in educational childcare services
Group 1: Health and Safety – 3 competencies
- 0193 – To function safely in the workplace
- 0195 – To intervene with respect to a child’s health
- 0196 – To promote good nutrition
Group 2: Observation and Development – 2 competencies
- 0191 – To observe the children’s behaviour
- 0192 – To identify a child’s needs with respect to his/her overall development
Group 3: Child Behaviour and Communication in the Daycare Milieu – 4 competencies
- 019A – To provide support to a child
- 019J – To intervene with respect to the behaviour of a child or a group of children
- 0194 – To establish an affective relationship with children
- 0197 – To communicate in the workplace
Group 4 – 2 competencies
- 0199 – To analyze a child’s specific needs
- 019H – To establish a partnership relationship with parents and resource people
Group 5: Educational Activities – 3 competencies
- 019D – To design activities promoting overall child development
- 019E – To organize educational activities
- 019F – To lead educational activities
Learn more about the RAC process.
The ECE RAC Process is free of charge until June 30th, 2024!
You only pay the $75 admission fees which is refundable when you are accepted in the program.
Regular fees after June 30th, 2024:
*There are no additional fees to use online resources, receive support from content specialists, or to attend seminars and work sessions. Maximum cost is only applicable to Quebec residents.
To take advantage of the RAC process, candidates must pay certain fees. The fees are based on the number of evaluations that a candidate has to complete, and may vary from one person to another.
- $30 admission fee (non-refundable)
- $45 for a necessary file analysis (non-refundable)
- $40 per competency (up to a maximum of $500)
Maximum total: $575
Please note that the fees above include all activities related to the RAC services. No additional fees have to be paid to:
- Attend a seminar on a specific topic
- Consult the online resources
- Participate in job preparation activities
- Participate in expert-led group activities
An additional $45 file analysis fee will apply if a candidate desires to change program.
To learn more about RAC96, click here:
- If you are an employee (educator): https://www.travailetudespetiteenfance.ca/en/rac-employee
- If you are an employer: https://www.travailetudespetiteenfance.ca/en/rac-employer
Click here to access the online resources for this program.
Continuing Education – F-151
Champlain College Saint-Lambert
900 Riverside Drive